Monday 26 November 2012

Quick & quirky nails


As an avid nail biter, I don't really pay much attention to the state of my nails. But as I get older, not having nice nails is starting to annoy me more and more. Especially when I'm going out and want to wear a nice colour but end up getting it all over my skin because they're too short!

If I've ever worn fake nails in the past they've always been the cheapest things I can buy as I know I'll only have them on for one day and then get bored and pull them all off. Just recently I've become more aware of other girls perfectly manicured nails and quite frankly it just embarrasses me when I look at my hands - anyone would think I was a child! So I decided to be productive and purchase some proper nails!


I use the Broadway Real Life Natual nails in 'Short' (the long ones are a bit witch-like!) There's 32 nails in a pack, all different sizes - the little tabs that you snap off after you've stuck them on are numbered so you can find the same nail for each finger to apply on your other hand. You also get a double sided nail file - one side to buff your nails before application and the other to file and shape them once applied and a cuticle pusher.

The nails themselves are pretty self explanatory to apply (the instructions are pretty good too if you've never done it before). Just apply a thin layer of glue directly onto the plastic nail and also your natural nail. Hold the nail by the removable tab and place the bottom edge in line with your cuticles (push down your cuticles first with the cuticle pusher if necessary) and hold down firmly for 10-20 seconds. It says 5 seconds on the instructions but I always do it for longer than that to avoid any air bubbles under the nail which can make them come away quicker than normal.

Once all your nails are applied you can add any polish you want. The reason I love these nails is because they're so cheap, they last for a good few days if you apply the glue properly and the nail varnish DOES NOT CHIP! Even when you use really cheap polish! I always go with Barry M colours because they're really cheap and they've got loads of colours to choose from. On my natural nails, Barry M colours tend to chip after the first day - even when I've applied mutiple coats! But it seems to last forever on fake nails!


Barry M - Pink Crackle nail paint
Barry M - Black nail paint

There's a quick pic of my nails after they've been applied and painted! I decided to put the crackle over just one nail because I thought it looked a little bit more interesting and different! 

So that's my blog on super quick and quirky nails! Give them a try and let me know what you think - also, comments on my polish would be appreciated too!



5 comments:

  1. This is my little secret too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo.

    Feyi
    www.uncovertheuntold.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it Feyi (: thanks for the comment x

      Delete