Sunday 31 March 2013

MAC Favourites



Despite moving into a house with my boyfriend and having next to no money, I still decided to purchase my two favourite MAC products; Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 & Cremesheen Lipstick in Pink Pearl Pop. Got to treat yourself sometimes, right?!

The lipstick
Cremesheen Lipstick - 'Pink Pearl Pop' £14.00
There's approx 137 different colours to choose from in the cremesheen lipsticks on MAC.co.uk. I suffer from dry/cracked lips so I use the Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 on a daily basis to moisturize my lips and keep them supple. It also works as a really good base or top coat for the cremesheen lipsticks to help them last longer or add a glossy coat.

Described as a 'Frosted Midtonal Pink'
The longest I've ever had to go without needing to reapply a cremesheen lipstick is nearly 5 hours, which as I'm sure you'll agree is pretty good going! I find the brighter, more vibrant colours tend to last longer as they act as a mild stain on your lips giving the appearance of lipstick even when it feels as though it's worn off - but they feel so great to apply that I don't mind reapplying every now and again!


The colour is slightly different to the one on the website but I wasn't disappointed. It's quite a bright pink but my pictures make it look a bit fuschia when it's more of a peachy rose. It's similar to the colour lipstick I would wear on a daily basis and goes really compliments my pink blusher! 


The angle of the brush is perfect for applying straight from the lipstick without the need to use a brush. It contains a lot of natural fruit and seed extract and also beeswax which helps it to moisten the lips as well as give great long-lasting colour.

The Primer

The first thing you notice about the primer is the gorgeous packaging. It's in a glossy black box with a purple and green shimmer as opposed to the plain black matte packaging of most of their products, so immediately I was pleased!


The bottle itself is smaller than I thought and is quite heavily dominated by the lid. However, as with all things in life, it's what's inside that counts!


The opening is sealed with a foil tab to keep the product fresh which I thought was a really nice touch. The bottle is quite stiff and the primer isn't as easy to squeeze out as I'd like but these are just little details in comparison to the product itself.


The product itself is thicker than any other primer I've used and a little really does go a long way - unfortunately it is a water based primer which don't tend to be as good as silicon based foundations when it comes to oil breakthrough but according to the description on MAC.co.uk is it "specially formulated with oil-absorbing powder, helps prevent oil breakthrough.



I have to say, I am very impressed with the Prep + Prime; It feels lovely to apply, it creates the perfect base coat for my foundation and really does help prevent oil breakthrough! I usually have to have a little touch up of powder every 4 hours or so just around my t-zone to keep up my matte look but this primer has eliminated the need for me to do this. Admittedly, I have been busier than usual and have probably had less time to examine the results as I normally would but when I looked in the mirror after 5 hours of unpacking boxes and putting up flat pack furniture, I was really happy with how freshly applied my makeup looked and would quite happily have left the house without tweaking anything! 



Here's a couple of quick pictures of my look, below are all the products I used to create this:
- MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50
- Revlon Colorstay 24hr Makeup: 110 Ivory
- No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder: Translucent 
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick: Pink Pearl Pop
- Revlon Colorstay Pencil Eyeliner: Black/Noir (bottom lash line)
- Maybelline New York Eyestudio Lasting Drama 24hr Gel Eyeliner: 01 Black
- Rimmel London The Max Volume Flash Mascara: 003 Ultra Black
- Eylure Naturalites false lashes: 107 (two pairs)
- Benefit Brow Zings eyebrow wax & filling powder: Medium

5 comments:

  1. The lipstick looks gorgeous on you! Such a flattering shade x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this vibrant pink lipstick looks super cool on you! LOVE.
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love your blog it's so lovely - so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :)
    Check out my blog to see what to do: http://harrietthinks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award.html
    Harriet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mac makeup! You look really pretty in the pictures!
    Lipstick really suits you.
    www.livinginlaurensworld.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG i love that lipstick . Love MAC lipstick . have to get this color :) looks really pretty on you !! would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashio.com

    ReplyDelete